This website has been created to present analysis of the Professional Snooker Tour. Please note that it is not intended to be a source of snooker statistics – there are already plenty of sites out there for this purpose. Instead, I will be using analysis to explore different aspects of the ranking system and the structure of the Professional Tour. More…
– Shaun Murphy has won the Ruhr Open, the fourth European Tour event of the season.
– Ronnie O’Sullivan has retained his Champion of Champions title, defeating Judd Trump in the final
– Ricky Walden has defeated Mark Allen in the final of the International Championship.
– Stuart Bingham has claimed his second title of the season, defeating Oliver Lines in the final of the Haining Open.
– My preview of the 2013 World Championship
– My thoughts on World Snooker’s decision to introduce flat tournament structures from 2013/14.
– My thoughts on the staging of qualifying events for ranking tournaments.
– World Snooker announce plans to introduce a ranking system based on prize money for the 2014/15 season.
|UK Championship||25 November – 7 December|
Click here for the provisional 2014/15 Calendar of ranking events.
The rating system I have created is based on a system devised by Arpad Elo to rank Chess players. I am not the first person to create such a system for Snooker, and I’m sure that I won’t be the last either.
The ratings are designed to reflect the strength of a player relative to all other players, so if Player A (rating = 1,000) plays Player B (rating = 500) then you would expect Player A to win twice as many frames as Player B. This type of rating system is in many ways the purest way to rank players according to their ability and I hope that it will be of interest to followers of the game. More…
The Top 8 in the Snooker Ratings after the Ruhr Open are:
The Top 8 players over the last 5 tournaments have been:
My intention is to report on my analysis in a way that is accessible to all readers. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything which isn’t clear and I would be happy to clarify or amend any posts.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any thoughts or suggestions about this site.
You can also follow me on Twitter