This website has been created to present analysis of the Professional Snooker Tour. Please note that it is not intended to be a source of snooker statistics – there are already plenty of sites out there for this purpose. Instead, I will be using analysis to explore different aspects of the ranking system and the structure of the Professional Tour. More…
– Mark Selby rallied from 4-10 down to John Higgins to win 18-15 and defend his World Championship title – his 3rd victory in the last 4 years. Selby won 5 ranking events during the 2016/17 season and this was his second in succession after also winning the China Open.
– World #1 Mark Selby has claimed his 4th ranking title of the season, defeating Mark Williams in the final of the China Open.
– Judd Trump has won the Players Championship. After the losing in the final of his last two ranking events, he finally sealed his second title of the season with victory over Marco Fu.
– Shaun Murphy claimed his first ranking title of the season after defeating Judd Trump in the final of the Gibraltar Open.
– Stuart Bingham defeated Judd Trump in a tight final to win the Welsh Open and claim his first ranking title since the 2015 World Championship.
|Riga Masters Qualifiers||31 May – 2 June|
|China Championship Qualifiers||3 – 6 June|
|Riga Masters||23 – 25 June|
Click here for the provisional schedule for the 2017/18 season.
Click here for a list of tournament winners during the 2016/17 season.
The rating system I have created is based on a system devised by Arpad Elo to rank Chess players. I am not the first person to create such a system for Snooker, and I’m sure that I won’t be the last either.
The ratings are designed to reflect the strength of a player relative to all other players, so if Player A (rating = 1,000) plays Player B (rating = 500) then you would expect Player A to win twice as many frames as Player B. This type of rating system is in many ways the purest way to rank players according to their ability and I hope that it will be of interest to followers of the game. More…
The Top 8 in the Snooker Ratings at the end of the World Championship are:
The Top 8 players over the last 5 completed tournaments have been:
My intention is to report on my analysis in a way that is accessible to all readers. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything which isn’t clear and I would be happy to clarify or amend any posts.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any thoughts or suggestions about this site.
You can also follow me on Twitter