This website has been created to present analysis of the Professional Snooker Tour. Please note that it is not intended to be a source of snooker statistics – there are already plenty of sites out there for this purpose. Instead, I will be using analysis to explore different aspects of the ranking system and the structure of the Professional Tour. More…
– Judd Trump successfully defended his European Masters title, defeating Stuart Bingham in the final.
– Ding Junhui claimed his first ranking title of the season, defeating Kyren Wilson in the final of the World Open.
– John Higgins defeated the defending champion Anthony McGill in the final of the Indian Opento claim his first ranking event of the season.
– Michael White was victorious in the final of the Paul Hunter Classic, with Shaun Murphy the runner-up for the second tournament in succession.
– Luca Brecel has won his first ranking event, defeating Shaun Murphy in the final of the China Championship.
|Shanghai Masters Qualifiers||11 – 13 October|
|English Open||16 – 22 October|
|International Championship||29 October – 5 November|
|Champion of Champions||6 – 12 November|
|Shanghai Masters||13 – 18 November|
Click here for the provisional schedule for the 2017/18 season.
Click here for a list of tournament winners during the 2016/17 season.
The rating system I have created is based on a system devised by Arpad Elo to rank Chess players. I am not the first person to create such a system for Snooker, and I’m sure that I won’t be the last either.
The ratings are designed to reflect the strength of a player relative to all other players, so if Player A (rating = 1,000) plays Player B (rating = 500) then you would expect Player A to win twice as many frames as Player B. This type of rating system is in many ways the purest way to rank players according to their ability and I hope that it will be of interest to followers of the game. More…
The Top 8 in the Snooker Ratings at the end of the European Masters are:
The Top 8 players over the last 5 completed tournaments have been:
My intention is to report on my analysis in a way that is accessible to all readers. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything which isn’t clear and I would be happy to clarify or amend any posts.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any thoughts or suggestions about this site.
You can also follow me on Twitter